The KCA journey (so far…)
We’re a team with a broad range of skills and extensive knowledge of delivering exceptional audience experiences, developed over many years working at national museums, international design agencies and media enterprises.
The core members of the KCA London team originally formed the Creative Services department of the Science Museum, London. For the Science Museum we designed blockbuster commercial exhibitions, managed global exhibition tours, delivered award winning visitor destinations and consulted to developing museums and attractions.
From our incorporation as a partnership in 2007, KCA London has developed into an established design, learning and operations consultancy working across the leisure, heritage and education sectors. We specialize in crafting imaginative and structured visions for projects delivered through robust communication strategies, message driven design and well trained staff.
We work internationally and across cultures, in partnership with clients and their communities. Following the delivery of the first interactive science centre in Riyadh, we formed a partnership with Saudi Arabian based National TalentS to bring world class experience planning and design coupled with local capacity and operational expertise to the Kingdom.
Our dedicated core has extended to a network of experienced specialists who lead their respective fields. We have collaborated with eminent scientists, cutting-edge technologists and practitioners at the world’s most respected attractions and cultural institutions. Our network continues to be refreshed, meaning we can offer fresh perspectives and unlock the experience and talent befitting the projects aspirations.
Our services include:
- Strategic planning.
- Interpretative planning.
- Experience design
- Exhibit design.
- Graphic design.
- Operations planning.
- Staff recruitment.
- Museum management training.
- Front of house training.
- Facilitation and presentation skills training.
- Science communication training.
- Visitor programming.
- Resource content and design.
- Management and staff mentorship.
- Consultancy across the spectrum of visitor experience design and operations.
Our clients include:
- Abu Dhabi Education Council.
- Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.
- ASPIRE Academy of Sports Excellence (Qatar).
- British Petroleum.
- The British Postal Museum.
- Children’s Museum Jordan.
- Dubai Culture & Arts Authority.
- Emirates Foundation (UAE).
- The Francis Crick Institute.
- Global Action Plan.
- Historic Royal Palaces.
- King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (Saudi Arabia).
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research.
- London Borough of Brent.
- London Borough of Islington.
- London Borough of Waltham Forest.
- Malta Council for Science and Technology.
- Masdar Energy (UAE).
- Massar (Syria).
- The Ministry of Economy & Planning (MEP).
- Mishkat Interactive Center for Atomic and Renewable Energy (Saudi Arabia).
- MiSK Foundation (Saudi Arabia).
- Nanoholdings (USA).
- National Maritime Museum (UK).
- Qatar Museums Authority.
- Royal Botanics Gardens, Wakehurst.
- The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu (Saudi Arabia).
- Saudi Aramco.
- Sci-Bono Science Centre (South Africa).
- Science Museum (UK).
- Techniquest (UK).
- Trinity Science Gallery (Ireland).
- United Kingdom Trade & Industry.
- Veolia Environmental Services.
- Welsh Assembly Government.
- World Society for the Protection of Animals.